My background is in helping people who are finding life difficult at the moment and working with them to learn tools for coping and recovery.
I am a passionate believer in mental wellbeing and want to raise awareness of the subject amongst local employers. Why? For me it’s simple. Employers want what’s best for their staff but can be uncomfortable when those problems stray into personal areas or conflict situations between staff.
I believe if people can be happy and healthy at work then the employer has everything to gain. Some may advocate an employer has a responsibility to offer help and assistance when a member of staff experiences a period of poor mental wellbeing.
I work with organisations including businesses, centres for education, charities and social enterprises in and around Basingstoke.
Our service is in two parts:
- A range of off-the-peg presentations about various facets of mental wellbeing, positive communications and happiness at work; and
- Bespoke programmes to address specific needs in a business e.g. high levels of absenteeism or high staff turnover.
A word for my invaluable support team
There are a number of other professionals that I have the pleasure of working with and want to give mention to. Without their expertise and support I would not be able to run my business half as well as I do! They are:
- Dawn Gregory. Dawn works with me to enhance the effectiveness of my presentations through her confident speaker programmes.
- Nick Shrimpton. Magic marketing man – his work has seen my enquiry rate soar in the past year.
- David Woodroofe. WordPress web site wizard – has created this site and also my counselling site Harmony.
- Basingstoke Speakers Club. A toast to my fellow Toastmasters who have been with me on my public speaking journey.